Carbon steel is an iron-carbon alloy with a carbon content of 0.0218% to 2.11%. Also called carbon steel. Generally also contains a small amount of silicon, manganese, sulfur, phosphorus. Generally, the higher the carbon content in carbon steel, the greater the hardness and the higher the strength, but the lower the plasticity.
(1) According to the purpose, carbon steel can be divided into three categories: carbon structural steel, carbon tool steel and free-cutting structural steel, and carbon structural steel is further divided into engineering construction steel and machine manufacturing structural steel;
(2) According to the smelting method, it can be divided into open hearth steel and converter steel;
(3) According to the deoxidation method, it can be divided into boiling steel (F), killed steel (Z), semi-killed steel (b) and special killed steel (TZ);
(4) According to the carbon content, carbon steel can be divided into low carbon steel (WC ≤ 0.25%), medium carbon steel (WC0.25%-0.6%) and high carbon steel (WC>0.6%);
(5) According to the quality of steel, carbon steel can be divided into ordinary carbon steel (higher phosphorus and sulfur content), high-quality carbon steel (lower phosphorus and sulfur content) and advanced high-quality steel (lower phosphorus and sulfur content) ) and extra high-quality steel.
Types and applications:
Carbon structural steel applications: general engineering structures and general mechanical parts. For example, Q235 can be used to make bolts, nuts, pins, hooks and less important mechanical parts, as well as rebar, section steel, steel bars, etc. in building structures.
Application of high-quality carbon structural steel: Non-alloy steel for manufacturing important mechanical parts is generally used after heat treatment. Example 45, 65Mn, 08F
Cast steel application: It is mainly used to manufacture relatively important mechanical parts with complex shapes and high mechanical performance requirements, but it is difficult to form by forging and other methods in the process, such as automobile gearbox casings, locomotive couplers and couplings Wait.
Post time: Jul-07-2022